Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Are you Trying to Open and Close a Door at the Same Time?

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." (James 1: 5-8)
Have you ever tried pressing the "open" button in the lift (elevator) when the doors are about to close? The doors obviously remain open. If you continue to press the "open" button you'll find yourself stuck on the same floor. Chances are people in the lift will soon kick you out of the lift for causing a nuisance.

Years ago when I was a child I fell and sprained my wrist. My aunt, who was looking after me at the time, bandaged it and hoped for the best. After my wrist stopped hurting, which I presumed meant it was healed, I noticed a bone sticking out at the back of my hand. Compared to my other hand, it looked as if something had been dislocated. I can't recall now whether I was taken to a doctor or not but for a long time that bone, or what looked like a bone, stuck out. I had a lot of fun showing off my hand to my friends. People would touch the bone sticking out. They would ask me if it hurt. I suppose after a while I got bored with showing my hand off, or maybe people got bored seeing it. One day I realised my hand was back to normal.

What if my perfect hand had been trying to be made manifest but I was preventing this from happening because I was too busy loving/focusing on the deformed version? If I am only seeing that reality then I am not open to receive the perfect hand reality. Only when I stopped giving it attention was I open to receive my healthy hand.

I choose whether I want the lift doors to remain open or closed.

With love,
Enocia