Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Kaleidoscope and Being in Love

Life is like a kaleidoscope. Here are a few definitions:

A tube-shaped optical instrument that is rotated to produce a succession of symmetrical designs by means of mirrors reflecting the constantly changing patterns made by bits of colored glass at one end of the tube.

A constantly changing set of colors.

A series of changing phases or events: a kaleidoscope of illusions. Dictionary.com
I remember the first time I looked into a kaleidoscope. I was thrilled to observe the changing colours and patterns. Little did I know that what I was observing was exactly how life is like. In fact life is always changing to match one's core intent or feelings about reality at that moment..

Since life is constantly changing to match my mood, it makes sense for me to stay in Light and Love than in fear. The Light I'm talking about is one that knows no darkness; and the Love I'm referring to is one that has no opposites. This Love and Light is God, the Source of all Goodness.

How do I stay in love?

I realise that Love is all there is.

This is a constant awareness or realisation. Then I observe as the realisation is made manifest. I have observed, for instance, that the moment I think or affirm that Love is all there is, my body changes. I lose all sense of having a boundary and my body feels as if I'm floating, it feels boundless.

I have also noticed that there is a tangible presence in me and around me, not one that can be perceived with the senses, but real all the same. The presence is immense peace or joy.

I can also cultivate the feeling of love by being in love with the moment, in love with what I'm doing, focusing on what I love, or doing what I love.

What are the benefits of being in love?

When I realise that Love is all there is, there is no longer a need to worry about seeing reality in parts because I know that each part has an important part to play at that moment (excuse the pun).

On the other hand, if I don't realise that Love is all there is, then I'm mesmerised into believing that the reality of parts is the only reality. Then I'm drawn into the duality of good versus evil; right versus wrong, etc.

The Love that I am also inspires me what to say, think, be in silence and what actions to take at any given moment.

So when I am in love, in whatever way I'm inspired to be in love, I observe that the world changes to match that feeling.

And another thing - because the universe changes to match the feeling of being in love, the universe benefits too.

It is official: being in love benefits all.

I am in love,
Enocia