Saturday, February 04, 2006

All in Divine Order

Sometimes there appears to be obstacles and delays but things are not how they seem.

Last night on my way home I thought about a gentleman who lives in our neighbourhood. I wondered how he was as I haven't seen him in a few months.

When I went home my mother asked me if I could do some shopping for her this morning. So early today I went to the local supermarket to pick up her grocery. Just as I came out of the shop I noticed the bus I wanted was just leaving. I waited for the next one which arrived a few minutes later, but it was only going part of the way.

According to bus controllers and drivers I have spoken to, sometimes when a bus is running late drivers are instructed by their supervisors to change the bus destination. This can be frustrating to a waiting customer. I guess it's not always about customer satisfaction but company policy.

Then again, I mused, I'm sure there is another reason why my journey is being delayed.

The next bus arrived and it took me to the next bus station. It's only another 10 minute walk home and usually I walk it. As I had two heavy bags of shopping, I decided to wait for the next bus that would take me all the way. My bus arrived shortly.

As I was walking home I nearly bumped into the man I thought of last night. He said he'd been wondering where I was. He asked me where I had disappeared to. We chatted for a few minutes then I went home to drop the shopping.

Isn't it amazing how things work out?

Actually it's not that surprising at all. When you know God occupies all time and space, you realise there are no real delays. All is in divine order.

All is Love.

Enocia