Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!



Today is Valentine's Day when billions of people celebrate love for one another, romantic love that is.

As for celebrating Love, every moment is an opportunity to celebrate Love for Love is all there is. We all share this one Love but how we express this Love is another matter.

A few days ago while travelling on the bus a man got on and made a beeline for me. He grinned at me.

"Are you from Ghana?" he said.
"Nope."
"Nigeria?"
"Nope."

I wasn't in the mood to get into a conversation with him, especially as he was only relating to me based on the colour of my skin. I closed my eyes to have a kip but then I heard the Inner Voice say: "He's only loving you the only way he knows how to love you."

Of course. God is right where the man is but God's love is being conditioned according to the man's way of seeing the world. I smiled at the thought.


I have had guys smile at me or try to chat me up because they find me attractive. I have smiled at guys I have found attractive. I guess we all love in our own conditioned ways.

I know animals love in the way they know how. A dog loves by wagging his tail, licking your face and jumping at you. But ask a dog to love you by making you a cup of tea and you'll have a long wait. Mind you, I'm not saying there aren't dogs that can't make tea but I've never come across one yet.

When the man was getting off the bus I waved goodbye to him. He said, "Are you going to tell me where you're from?"

"Sierra Leone."

He mumbled something about wanting me to go out with him but I wished him a good evening.

We are all sharing the one Love and expressing it in our own conditioned ways. Romantic love is one of the limitless ways of expressing the one Love.

Happy Valentine's Day!

With love,
Enocia

ps: My thanks to Janis Light for creating this beautiful fractal.