Friday, February 03, 2006

It is Not What You Say but What I Believe You are Saying

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." William Shakespeare
Last night I watched part of the film, The Godfather Part II, about the rise of the two Dons: Michael and Don Vito Carleone. The part I watched was about the young Don Vito, played by Robert De Niro. In one scene they were speaking in Italian. According to the English subtitles, people were angry and talking about killing people. But when I ignored the subtitles and listened to them speaking Italian, which I love to hear, it didn't matter to me what they were talking about.

In London there are so many different languages being spoken. Most of the time I switch off, unless it's Italian. Someone speaking Italian could be plotting all sorts of "mischief" and I would be thinking "more, say more."

When I watch English programmes on television in silence, as in having no thoughts, I find I can't link the words together. Each word seems to rise and fall in the silence without any connection to the next word. It's as if they are saying nothing. That's one fun way of watching the news, I end up not having a clue about what they're talking about. I reckon that has to be a good thing. Hahaha.

Being in the presence of Love is the equivalent of staying in silence. Love cannot cause hurt or harm; Love can only love.

It is not what people say that is offensive but the meaning I give to what people are saying.

The bottom line is all is love.

Ti amo.

Enocia