Saturday, February 11, 2006

Love Casts Out Fear

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4: 18)
In last night's episode of the legal drama, Judge John Deed:

"Deed hears a case in which a mother is being sued by her ex-husband for refusing to give their baby the MMR vaccination. The father, Paul Robson-Alan, advises the Government on vaccinations. Jo Mills is persuaded to take on the wife's case."
Although this was a fictitious case, it raised an important point about beliefs.

On the one hand, I could see the father's view that the vaccine is for both the baby's good and the good of all kids. The scientists believe they are trying their best to eradicate diseases.

On the other hand, there's the issue of human rights. If you believe that a particular vaccine is not safe for your child, or you have a belief that conflicts with what the state thinks is good for you, surely you should be able to follow what you believe in your heart to be true. The baby's mother believed, and she had "evidence" to back up her claim, that she was doing what was right for her baby.

The problem with the human experience is the majority tends to force people to comply with the beliefs of the day. This is why kids are vaccinated whether their parents like it or not. And those who don't fit in with the majority are maligned, and even ridiculed.

I believe there is a way where one can comply with the law of the land and still be true to yourself. Let's say I am about to visit a country where it is mandatory for me to be immunised for such and such. Given my belief that Love is all there is, there is no need for me to be immunised. Yet, I would still get myself immunised in accordance with local laws. Why? Because I know that I am nourished by Love and that Love is all there is. It doesn't matter what I inject in my body; Love is all there is.

I didn't know I was being sustained by Love, I might feel apprehensive about being immunised because I have the believe that it either has the power to harm me or to keep me in perfect health. I might also be afraid of getting sick.

So back to the programme. When you know that Love is all there is, there is nothing to fear. I would get myself immunised and have a fabulous visit.

Love Enocia

Related article: Love is My Only Insurance