Saturday, March 18, 2006

Breaking the Bondage Mentality

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness." (Isaiah 55: 1-2)
We live in a universe where everything is free.

As babies we’re used to having things for free. A baby's parents provide love and comfort in the form of cuddles and attention, food, shelter, and clothing for free. He's not expected to do anything to receive them. As the child grows older though he's still loved and appreciated, he is given chores in the house. These chores are ostensibly to teach him how to take care of his needs. Yeah right, more like an underhand way of making him earn his keep.

What suddenly changed from the blissful baby who was given everything to the child who now has to "earn his keep"? The child is now old enough to realise the truth of reality that nothing comes for free. He has to learn that his mum and dad have to work very hard to provide all his home comforts. The child learns that in order to have a good life he needs money; in order to have money he needs a good job; to have a good job he has to be educated; to have good qualifications he has to work very hard at school and university.

Is it true nothing comes for free, that we have to work hard for what we want? Of course not! It's only a belief we've been programmed with to keep us in bondage. Other beliefs that support the core belief of "nothing comes for free" are:

There is not enough to go round.
You have to work hard to have a good life.
You have to have the consciousness of abundance in order to receive abundance.
You have to have the right understanding in order to receive.
You have to give to receive.
It is our nature to share.

If you are inspired to have surplus you're made to feel guilty and labelled as greedy.

Have you ever noticed how fruit trees produce superabundantly? When the fruits are ripe they drop them on the ground. The trees don’t care whether there is someone there to enjoy or appreciate the fruits or not. I’ve seen many apples lying on the ground and left to rot. Are the fruit trees being greedy or wasteful? Nope, the fruit trees are only expressing their nature - abundance. Where did they get this idea? From the Intelligence within the fruit tree, naturally. The Intelligence is God.

I believe the Intelligence in the tree is the same Intelligence in me, therefore, I am innately superabundant. It is not something I have to work for or think I deserve it is there for free. All I need to do is receive.

There's no need for me to have an understanding of truth though I have believed this to be the case. To have an understanding or a realisation of truth in order to heal is part of the bondage mentality of earning your keep. Who cares about truth? All I need to do is receive my health for free because that's the way things are.

I don't have to pay for ideas; ideas are free. Only if I have the bondage mentality do I feel I need to give something in exchange for the ideas I have received.

If I believe everything is free yet feel guilty about receiving freely, the Universe reads my feelings and gives me according to what I feel.

Everything is free unless I believe I have to work hard to receive.

Enocia