Thursday, March 09, 2006

If At First You Don't Succeed

In a previous piece called Immaculate Concept, I discussed how I dismissed an experience that didn't go the way I had envisaged as a non-event, and then replaced it with my ideal experience.

The other day on the bus, I hit my elbow against the railing. I felt sharp pain but then I thought to myself: "that didn't happen." In the next moment I was right as rain.

I have applied the same technique when I have banged my head against a wall, accidentally of course, and thought it didn't happen. And according to my belief, so be it.

Can you imagine the limitless possibilities of dismissing an experience that didn't go the way you planned. Are you still plagued with memories of an unhappy childhood? Why not imagine the perfect childhood and hold that as your memory? The Power within you transforms your memory to match your vision. It is, therefore, imperative that you hold a vision of perfection at all time.

If at first you don't succeed that's OK, it never happened.

With love,
Enocia