Thursday, March 09, 2006

Immaculate Concept - Re-Writing My Life Story

Imagine going to watch a film only to find it is full of bloomers. You expect the film editor to have edited the outtakes, right? If the film is a comedy, the outtakes are understandable; if not, your outrage at having paid good money to see such rubbish is also understandable. I expect to see films that have been well-edited. I don't care if it is a B-movie, it has to be a well-edited B-movie.

A film editor is presenting the director's immaculate concept of the movie. What do I mean by immaculate concept? It is a vision of reality where you are seeing everything and every event in its perfect state no matter what.

So what if you've made a mistake? You can always relive the experience in your imagination according to your immaculate concept. Besides, life is how one imagines it to be anyway; at least, that is what I imagine.

When I arrived at the bus stop this morning I saw my bus was just leaving. Normally I would just sit and wait for the next one but for some reason I didn't feel like waiting. The bus usually has to go round a roundabout and through a traffic light, which I thought would give me enough time to run to the next bus stop and catch it from there. While I was running I kept looking back as I didn't want the bus to go flying past. I saw it coming and put my hand out and it stopped just as I arrived at the bus stop.

At first, I felt breathless then I dismissed the experience as a non-event. In other words, it never happened! The moment I had the thought I was breathing normally. I obviously still had it in my memory that I ran for the bus otherwise I wouldn't be writing about it now. Was I deluding myself by denying the experience? By dismissing the experience as a non-event, I was re-writing the experience the way I would have liked it to happen.

My immaculate concept of the experience was:

"I arrived at the bus station just in time to catch the bus. I sat in the lower deck right at the back and enjoyed my journey."
And because that's the way it happened, there was no need for me to feel breathless.

Dismissing an experience as a non-event has immense power but you have to believe in it. You have to believe that at any moment there is a perfect way to achieve something. In denying an experience as a non-event, I am giving myself another chance to relive the experience as I imagine it to be, in perfection.

As Richard Bandler puts it: "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Life is always unfolding perfectly.

With love,
Enocia

Related article: Materialism, Spiritualism, Alternative Realities, and Drama; Immaculate Concept