Thursday, March 09, 2006

Love is Unconditioned and Unconditional

I see the human experience as a game that is made up of rules where you have gains, losses, penalties and forfeits according to your actions. As long as you're playing the game you have to abide by the rules. If you no longer want the rules to apply you have to stop playing the game. Though I still appear human and living in the system, I have made it very clear that I am no longer playing the human game.

When you stop playing the game, you start to see things as they are. You can now see how what is considered to be universal law is nothing but a rule humans have made up to play the game. And the longer they've played by those rules and got the same results the more they believe the rules to be true.

For instance, many people have an idea of an entity they call God, and they believe God is unconditional Love. Yet, there is the belief many have that to receive love you have to give it. If you believe you have to give love to receive it, well you probably believe in karma - that you get back what you give. In other words, abide by the universal law of "do unto others as you'll have them do to you." I agree that "do unto others" is a law. A law is another way of saying a rule.

Belief in karma leads to a belief in reincarnation. There are now many stories of people having near death experiences (NDE) that talk about life reviews when the NDE-er is shown instances where he failed to give love in his current or previous life. He then has to return to make up for it and learn about love. Make up your mind! Either Love is unconditional or it isn't.

There are no laws or rules about Love, nor are there any rules in the Universe for that matter. Love is unconditioned and unconditional. I am loved whether I give or receive love. I am loved no matter what beliefs I have. I am loved because my Beloved Self that I am is Love; and Love can only love.

I am reminded of Yogananda’s experience of the Divine Mother:

Haloed in splendor, the Divine Mother stood before me. Her face, tenderly smiling, was beauty itself.

"Always have I loved thee! Ever shall I love thee!"

The celestial tones still ringing in the air, She disappeared.Autobiography of a Yogi
I believe life is perfect. I also believe I have limitless opportunities to put things right not because it is something I have to do or else I won't grow spiritually, but it's rather like writing an article and editing it until I feel happy with it. I also know that if I can't be bothered to edit to perfection it really doesn't matter. I'm not going to beat myself up for not doing a brilliant job. I accept myself and experiences as they are. I love myself regardless. I am love, regardless.

So the notion of the love you give is the love you receive is just a belief. It is a rule people have collectively made up in the human game which continues in this physical realm and beyond until you decide you don't want to play that game anymore.

I am Love.

Enocia