Thursday, March 23, 2006

Walking by Faith and Not by Sight

"Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (2 Corinthians 5: 5-8)

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." (Hebrews 11: 3)
In a previous piece called Breaking the Bondage Mentality, I wrote that all good is available for free. This is true because all good originate in invisible spirit or God; and in spirit/God all things are possible when you believe. This is quite difficult as we've been programmed to believe only in what our senses tell us. To experience the world where all good is free, I need to ignore what the senses are telling me and believe with my whole heart that God exists and He is my real self. When I trust in spirit I am walking by faith and not by sight.

What do I mean by "He [God] is my real self"?

Every day I experience sights, smells, sounds, feelings, and tastes that seem very real. The "I" that is having these experiences is God, my real self. Yet, the real self is not affected by my experiences. If my real self was affected by my experiences, He wouldn't be perfect. God is perfect, therefore, nothing can be added to or taken away from perfection.

I like to see my real self as the inside part of an egg - the yolk and albumen - that is soft and gooey; and the shell represents my experiences or what appears as the physical universe. The inside of the egg is pure being, my real self and the self of all. It is this self that is experiencing life on the one hand, yet untouched by life experiences on the other.

In another piece, I compared the infinite self to a car that is always full of petrol and in tip-top condition no matter how far the car has travelled. Actually, the self is like KITT, the super-car in the American television series, Knight Rider. KITT is always perfect, except the last episode I saw when some villains tried to destroy it. Hehe. OK, KITT is not as perfect as the self but it is a good analogy; and I love KITT and Michael Knight.

I find my bus journeys give me excellent opportunities to focus on and be the real self, i.e. the inside of an egg. Yesterday, I visualised myself sitting inside an egg and being limitless love. Every time I did this for a few seconds and opened my eyes, I noticed my skin was glowing with life.

When I focus on being the self, I notice I walk in a different way. I can actually feel a power moving my body effortlessly, which makes my steps very gentle compared to the forceful way the shell personality moves.

When I went home last night, I had a fried egg sandwich. Surprise, surprise!

This morning I felt queasy. I closed my eyes for a few minutes and rested in the "egg." I was soon feeling energised and rejuvenated. I didn't even feel like having any breakfast cereal.

To go against what your senses are telling you requires faith. For my own continuing peace of mind, I would rather be absent from the world of senses and present with the Lord.

I walk by faith and not by sight.

Enocia

Related articles: The Magician; Shapeshifting