Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bury Your Head in the Sand

Someone who refuses to acknowledge a problem is considered to be "burying his/her head in the sand."

OK, wise guy, what happens when I focus on a problem?

When I focus on a problem I attract more of the same.
When I focus on finding a solution, I attract a 1001 ways of dealing with it and end up confused.

But when I focus on neither problem nor solution, when I have no thought, I am in the emptiness of being which dissolves the "problem" into nothing, and reveals the reality of the situation. In other words, I am burying my head in the sand.

Imagine what the world would be like if we all practised the art of burying our heads in the sand! We would stop focusing on world problems; we would stop dreaming up new theories about world problems; we would stop trying to solve world problems.

We would surrender to the Infinite Intelligence and trust in Him to unfold reality as it is.

Of course not many people are going to agree with my way. That's the joy of freewill; we are all free to bury our heads in the sand, or not.

Right then, I'm off to the nearest beach I can find.
Fellow burrowers are most welcome.

Enocia

Related articles: Nothing to Be or Do; The Way of No Way