Saturday, April 08, 2006

God Gets All the Credit

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." (James 1: 17)

"Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all." (1 Chronicles 29: 11)
People make up rules why they can't give. Someone believes he can't give away money because he has earned it. If you want what he has you're going to have to earn it the hard way like everybody else. Or he hasn't got enough for himself let alone give some away. How can I love someone when I don't even love myself? I believe when people think that way they're leaving God out of the equation. They believe they are the source of good.

Imagine asking God for something and God saying, "No, I gave you something yesterday so you're going to have to make do with what you have. Don't come back till next month." The God I believe in doesn't operate that way. God cannot deny anyone any good thing because God's supply of good is inexhaustible.

Now there are many who believe in God. They may even believe in a God of limitless good and love yet they have a belief in "God and" instead of "God is." When you believe in "God and" you see yourself as separate from God. There is the human you versus God the divine. Or you may have a belief in a saviour who is divine and yourself as human. On the other hand, when you know that "God is" you know that there is only God. Everything appearing as humans, plants, animals, etc is God in manifestation.

It doesn't matter if you believe God is your source, if you see yourself as separate from God you're going to end up experiencing a reality of being separate from God. This experience is not real; it is a dream of your own making. You're dreaming your life is your own.

You try to sort out life's problems in your own way. This is not surprising; it is your life after all. You've created your problems so it's up to you to resolve them in your own way. You dream up beliefs and theories to sort out the problems you've dreamed up.

Some people even dream up new teachings to sort out life's problems. You attract students, as teachers invariably do, and together you create a reality that your way is the only way.

Because you are dreaming your life is your own, you believe ideas and resources are yours. You do all you can to protect what you believe is yours. Even if you share "your" ideas you give only on the basis of receiving. You always get all the credit for whatever ideas you're dreaming up, naturally.

Day by day you end up using up the limited life energy you are dreaming you have, and day by day you're getting weaker until one day you run out of energy and dream yourself dead. You promptly have another dream of being separated from God and history repeats itself.

Well I believe that only God exists. I have therefore NEVER received anything from my family, relations, friends, people, teachers, or the world. I have NEVER been inspired by spiritual teachers, ascended masters, saints, spirit entities or angels. All the good I have ever received have come from God. While many things and ideas I receive appear to come from people in the world, life experiences, and from books, I know that all good things come from God because only God exists. And God is unlimited Good. This is why I always thank God for anything I need before I look to the human realm. And when I thank someone for something I know I am thanking God for it is God who is appearing as the human form and supplying the need, even if the individual doesn't share my belief.

In the same respect, I have never given anyone anything. I have never written any articles. I cannot make anyone happy or give anyone joy. I cannot love anyone. It is God that gives love in its limitless forms.

Thank you God for being all there is. Amen.

Enocia

See Stop Trying So Hard!