Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Heaven on Earth is Now

"The Vedas declare that the ignorant man who rests content with making the slightest distinction between the individual soul and the Supreme Self is exposed to danger," Shankara the great monist has written. "Where there is duality by virtue of ignorance, one sees all things as distinct from the Self. When everything is seen as the Self, then there is not even an atom other than the Self.

"As soon as the knowledge of the Reality has sprung up, there can be no fruits of past actions to be experienced, owing to the unreality of the body, in the same way as there can be no dream after waking." Autobiography of a Yogi
Years ago while I was at a friend's house, I admired her beautiful bouquet of flowers. An insect sat on my finger. I thought it was really pretty. After a while it flew away. My friend said her flowers were attracting lots of wasps.

"Wasps? What do you mean, wasps?" I said alarmed.
"That was a wasp on your finger," she said. "I was wondering why you were playing with it."
"I didn't realise it was a wasp."
"What did you think it was?"
"I dunno, a skinny bee, perhaps, but not a wasp."

At the time I had a healthy respect for wasps. I stayed in my space and I expected them to stay in theirs. Whenever they came into our house, I would take a piece of tissue, grab hold of the wasp, and let it outside. One day I was stung by one. I quickly applied some energy healing. Even though it stung like hell, I didn't get any other side effects.

Last year on a bus ride a wasp sat on my arm. At first I reacted with fear, then I remembered there is only one Self/Love and Love doesn't hurt. I let it rest on my arm for a while then it crawled up the window.

Imagine what life would be like when we realise that there is only Love. It will be like Isaiah envisaged in the scriptures:

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

"And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

"And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

"They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11: 6-9)
We will be able to cavort with what we consider to be wild animals. We will even live with them, if we choose.

There is no need to wait for some future time. That time is now. All it takes is living with the realisation that there is only one Love/Self.

On my walk to the bus station this morning I headed in a different direction which would get me to the next bus stop further along the route. Halfway through the journey I changed my mind and backtracked, adding more time to my journey. I suddenly started walking faster and faster; or rather, I felt my legs moving faster and faster. I even ran up the stairs at the station. When I arrived at the station, I saw my bus was already at the stop and there were no other passengers outside. A passenger was speaking to the bus driver which gave me time to get on board.

Now it made sense why I had been inspired to walk in a different direction. Because God was trying to get me to the bus stop so I would catch my bus on time. Even when I didn't listen and did my own thing, I was still inspired to walk really fast to get to the station; and God held the bus in place so I could catch it.

Only One exists. Love is playing the many roles in this play called life.

Heaven on Earth is now.

Enocia

Related article: Only One Self Exists; It's Either Love or Bullshit!