Thursday, April 27, 2006

One Self, Many Players

On my way to the local shops I saw a lady who lives in our neighbourhood. I used to see her and her two kids at the bus stop on their way to school but then I stopped taking that particular bus. I haven't seen her in a long while.

My friend said she and her kids have been wondering where I was. They presumed I had moved away. It was good to see her and catch up with what she's been up to.

Later, I saw this guy I usually see from time to time when I walk to the bus stop. I thought about him the day before and wondered how he was. As I saw him walking towards me I asked him how he was and he said he was fine.

On a bus journey yesterday I had a thought about changing to another bus route. As I had never travelled on that route before I wondered how long it would take me to get into town. I saw the bus I wanted at the bus stop but the doors were closed and the driver was about to drive off. A man and a woman stopped the bus, which gave me time to catch it. I heard them asking the driver how long the bus would take to get into town and he said 40 minutes. See, my question was answered in a roundabout way.

There is only one Self having life, one Self playing the many roles. Self asks a question and Self shape-shifts reality in response to the question.

Pretty cool, I say.

Enocia

Related article: Shapeshifting