Saturday, June 10, 2006

Memory Recall

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." (Psalm 37: 4-5)
A few days ago, I watched part of the film, Sister Act 2 on television. There was one girl I recognised who is now a famous RnB singer, but I couldn't remember her name. I figured I would find out at the end of the film. When the credits started to roll, they went too fast and I missed her name. Oh well, her name will pop up at some point.

This is how the singer's name popped up yesterday.

While I was waiting for a bus, a car drove by blaring the song "Family Affair" by the RnB singer, Mary J Blige, which I love. I hummed it to myself. In one of my buses, I noticed Friday's "Metro" newspaper on the seat. I grabbed it and had a browse. There was a "60 Second Interview" with Mary J Blige. The intro reads:

"'Queen of Hip Hop and Soul' Mary J Blige has worked with P Diddy, Lauryn Hill and Elton John."
Aha, that's the name of the singer in the film I saw the other day: Lauryn Hill! Thank you Universe for reminding me.

How's this for another excellent reminder. I'm currently working in another library as I write this piece. Someone has dumped the same newspaper on a desk close to where I am working. That was how I was able to quote what was on the newspaper. How brilliant is that!

Last night I watched MTV Base, a music channel that shows RnB and Hip Hop videos. I haven't watched any of the music channels in many months. The first video that came on was "Family Affair" by Mary J Blige. Wonderful! Love it!

The Universe has Her own way of working things out, all I have to do is trust.

With love,
Enocia