Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Present Moment

Everything I need is available in the present moment, however, the moment is not mine alone but for all to share. All I have to do is be aware of what is present.

The other day a friend posted a fractal in a forum. My response was: "What came up for me when I saw this fractal was laughter." My friend responded by posting excerpts from Walter Lanyon's book called The Laughter of God. After reading the excerpts I read a friend's email where he shared a dream he had a few days ago:

I had beautiful dream by Saturday evening around 4pm. In the dream, I was hearing a devotional song about Lord Muruga. While I was hearing, suddenly I came out of the body very easily. After coming out it was joyful,wonderful, cannot be expressed by words. I dived twice, went up very fast, and slowly came to my body. When I came to my body, I had some feeling in my hand and some other parts. When I came out of the body, I had the following thought: "Oh God! I did not do any practice, I did not do any rituals, how come you are giving me this beautiful experience?" As soon as I came to my body I woke up and conveyed my gratitude to God.
My response was:

My dear friend, none of your rituals will ever reveal God; only God reveals God. It's something I've also realised.

ps: you might find this interesting.

"The glorious laughter rolled on , searching the very joints and marrow of me—dislodging every belief in fear, sickness, or age. As it swept over me and through me and round about me, I was amazed at the wonder of it-the fierce, terrible thing which was at the same time so beautiful and free. The wonder of it kept singing through my soul as veil after veil of belief was rent asunder and new kingdoms stood revealed. The whole thing was as if one just saw a little deeper, as one looks through the surface reflection on a river and sees the pebbles and shells below, that was all; only the Laughter made this possible, for it cleared away all the effort and straining which in it’s attempt to see God had been halted at the reflection on the surface, instead of gazing into the limpid, glorious depth of Infinity." The Laughter of God
As you can see, what my friend in America had posted in the forum was very relevant for my friend in India.

There is only one moment of Now and that moment is shared by all. All I have to do is pay attention and act as I'm inspired to act in the moment.

Enocia

Related articles: The One; Living in the Present Moment - In Practice; Time Out! How to Live in the Present Moment;